6. Track your foods and figure out exactly what and how much you are eating
- What you eat is important. Pretty much everyone knows this.
- However, most people actually don’t have a clue what they are really eating.
- People think they’re eating “high protein,” “low-carb” or something else, but tend to drastically over- or underestimate.
- I think that for anyone who truly wants to optimize their diet, tracking things for a while is absolutely essential.
- It doesn’t mean you need to weigh and measure everything for the rest of your life, but doing it every now and then for a few days in a row can help you realize where you need to make changes.
- If you want to boost your protein intake to 25-30% of calories, as recommended above, just eating more protein rich foods won’t be enough. You need to actually measure and fine tune in order to reach that goal.
- Check out these articles here for a calorie calculator and a list of free online tools and apps to track what you are eating.